Please join us for the 2018 Houston Book Show. The Texas Booksellers Association is sponsoring the show, as an exciting addition to its Austin and North Texas Shows, beginning in May 2018. We invite all interested parties to participate in what we expect to become a premier event on the bookselling calendar.
We are working with The Printing Museum of Houston, which has sponsored the annual Houston Book Fair at the Museum for the last 14 years. Proceeds from ticket sales for this show will go to benefit The Printing Museum, a non-profit organization. See the website http://printingmuseum.org/ for more information.
The facility for the 2018 show is the spacious Arabia Shrine Center, 10510 Harwin Dr., Houston, Texas. We are very pleased to secure this space. It features over 16,000 square feet of well-lit exhibit space and ample free parking. It is conveniently located in West Houston near the intersection of Beltway 8 and the Westpark Tollway and easily accessible from I-10 and US-59 (I-69).
For more information see the Texas Booksellers Association Web Site http://bookfair.us/houston
To date the book dealers who are confirmed include the following:
EXHIBITORS HOUSTON BOOK SHOW 2018
1. 12th Street Books Luke Bilberry, 827 West 12th St., Austin, Texas 78701. ABAA / ILAB / TxBA
Antiquarian, literary first editions, scholarly books, fine press, books by Texas writers.
2. Bob Lakin Books & Collectables Bob Lakin, Stephanie Jones, Bryan Young P.O. Box 186, Chatfield, Texas 75105. TxBA
Children’s Illustrated, Modern Fiction, Mystery, Signed Books, Juvenile series books, Literature, Vintage horror.
3. Crinkstuff Ollie Crinkelmeyer, Sandi Crinkelmeyer, 10109 Talleyran Dr., Austin, Texas 78750. TxBA
Rare Texas Books, Documents, Photos, Maps, Currency, etc.
4. First Folio Dennis Melhouse, 1206 Brentwood, Paris, Tennessee 38242. ABAA / ILAB / TxBA
Fine bindings, illustrated, rare books.
5. Good Books in the Woods. Jay Rohfritch, 25915 Oak Ridge Drive, Spring, Texas 77380. TxBA
History, Modern First Editions
6. Langdon Manor Books. Adam Schachter, 1800 St. James Place, Suite 105, Houston, Texas 77056. ABAA / ILAB / TxBA
American Social Movements, American Personal Narratives, Outsider Books, Photo Albums
7. Mac Donnell Rare Books. Kevin Mac Donnell, 9307 Glenlake Drive, Austin, Texas 78730. ABAA / ILAB / TxBA
Mark Twain, 19th & 20th century American & English literary first editions and manuscripts.
8. Michael Laird Rare Books. Michael Laird, 335 W. Pecan St., Lockhart, Texas 78644. ABAA / ILAB / TxBA
Documents, Early printed books, ephemera, fine bindings, Illustrated Books, Law, literary archives, manuscripts, photographs, prints, Renaissance books, Texana, Victorian books.
9. Octavaye Wendy Ossoinig, Karl Ossoinig, Fort Worth, Texas. TxBA
Contemporary design bindings, decorative volumes, Restoration services of antiquarian books and paper, custom protective enclosures.
10. Schroeder’s Book Haven Bert Schroeder, 104 Michigan Ave., League City, Texas 77573. TxBA
Texana, with good selections in History, Military, Art, NASA / Space & Literature.
11. The Book Collector. Michael Utt. 2901 6th Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76110. ABAA / ILAB / TxBA
Literature, Anthropology, Chess, Americana and works on Voyages of Exploration.
12. Whiting Books. Chuck Whiting, P.O. Box 596, Fulshear, Texas 77441. TxBA / IOBA
Fiction, Nonfiction, Art, Sports, Texana, Military
13. William Allison Books. William Allison, 6219 Longmont Dr., Houston, Texas 77057. ABAA / ILAB / TxBA
Western Americana, Texana, Ranching, Cowboys, Indians, Outlaws, Wild West Shows, Texas and Western Fiction, J. Frank Dobie, Tom Lea, Carl Hertzog, J. Evetts Haley, Larry McMurtry, Documents, Maps and Letters.
Examples of books I will be bringing include: